I Swing the Vorpal Spork of Irony like some Hyperborean Usurper through the Hordes of the Unwashed.



Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Shut Up and Play


Yesterday I was privileged to see one of the rarest sights in the natural world. I saw and interacted with a 3rd Edition Forum Troll. Now this isn't the first time I've seen one of these missing links, but it was the first time that I tried to coax one out of the cave.

Tonight I'll be DMing the Dark Sun Encounters at a local Bookstore. So I actually tried to lure this elusive beast into playing. Now, I don't want to embarrass this person because deep down he and I both love D&D. I asked him what he's playing and where. He told me that he hasn't played in over 18 months and that his former group had drifted apart. He went on to say that he wouldn't play 4th Ed. because Wizards was "raping" D&D. Now, rewind the clock 2 years. I re-discover D&D after 17 yrs. I dusted off the old Tomes and Folios and proudly declared, I will not play this new edition. But, after a couple of months of waiting, I realized that no one would be knocking down my door to play "Keep on the Borderlands" again. I realized that I have to just "Shut Up and Play"! You know what, I'm having a blast!

If you're in the NE Ohio area stop by around six and say hi (rub some crayon on those polyhedrals) http://backlistbooks.web.officelive.com/default.aspx

1 comment:

  1. That looks like a cool store within driving distance. I'm in Wooster, which is the Sea of Dust for geeks...

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think. Please watch the language.