I Swing the Vorpal Spork of Irony like some Hyperborean Usurper through the Hordes of the Unwashed.



Tuesday, February 16, 2010

D&D and Poker

As I contemplated my next post (something about snow) an interesting thought struck me. My two favorite pastimes, Hold'em and D&D, have some very interesting similarities.
  • One person, who is supposed to be neutral, controls the action and decides who gets the treasure.
  • Each involves a significant amount of cursing.
  • Each involves sitting around a large table for endless hours with the hygienically challenged waiting for something to happen.
  • The participants of each activity have an endless supply of stories about something "interesting" that happened 3 years ago that makes no sense to anyone unless they happened to be sitting around that same table 3 years ago.

Those are just a few, feel free to add your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think. Please watch the language.