I Swing the Vorpal Spork of Irony like some Hyperborean Usurper through the Hordes of the Unwashed.



Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Big Mistake

Last night got my GM hackles up a bit. But, upon further reflection, It was all my fault.
Long story short, I was running a Call of Cthulhu campaign. I have never ran or actually played the game before. Duh! Not sure what I was thinking. To my players, I apologize.
What I didn't realize is that a CoC group needs a commonality and a reason to stay together. Without which it's like "Herding Cats".
In D&D an adventuring group has different roles to fill, and everyone knows not to split the party.
Next time I will strand everyone on an island. Yeah, pre-gens, maybe a farm girl, a movie star, and an older wealthy couple.
I wanted to kill off a pregnant Nun with her own Cthulhu baby (who doesn't), but alas it was not to be. Maybe next time. Does anyone know of a CoC investigation I can join?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think. Please watch the language.